Monday, March 5, 2012

The Bach 'Bedroom Art and Lighting'

This weekend in spite of all the rain we did manage to get some work done on the back deck at the bach.  I am praying for at least two sunny days in a row this week so the new sliding doors can be fitted, and  also move along with the interior painting and the bathroom.  I am very proud of myself, I have completed two money saving interior design projects on Sunday for the main bedroom.  I'm doing a floral eclectic look, I'll be experimenting with a few Asian furniture pieces, lots of floral and of course a touch of turquoise.
What do you think of the quilt cover I have chosen?  I love the print, it's so happy and has a certain Hawaiian feel, totally fits the style I had in mind and I got it on sale.   I purchased it at Bed, Bath and Table, sorry no direct link to this shop,  the brand is Morgan and Finch.  



Project one, wall art

I picked up this colourful original watercolour painting for $15 at the Rozelle Markets, a total bargain.  What do you think?  I think it's fun and beachy, fits my retro theme and my overall look.  One problem is  I have two identical white wooden frames to fit  8 x 10 prints,   I was initially looking for matching prints, I just couldn't find anything that was close to what I had envisaged.  Could I divide the water colour into two but it wasn't quite big enough.  HMmm, da! da! ta! what to do?  A quick trip to Office Works and I had the picture colour copied.  Two copies $1.50 and I can't believe how great they look.  I cut the two copies from opposite corners so they will look the same but of course a little different.  
Bravo!  and I get to keep the gorgeous original.

I'm really happy with this!

Ta Dum!  What do you think?

Project two, lampshade

This little gem of a lamp base has been in my attic for some time, ($10.00 from a garage sale)  she is quite old and is much more beautiful in the real life than in this picture and she is about to make her debut.  

I picked out this piece of fabric from my stash, it's vibrant and funky and the yellow goes very well with the lamp base and the colours are surprisingly complementary to the quilt cover.  There are plenty of lampshade tutorials out there on you tube but I never get too fussy about these projects and some how I always manage to wing it with the help of a glue gun, a pair of sharp scissors and patience.  


The first lesson when styling interior's is ' less is more' but less is never more for me, it's more the merrier.  What do you think of the pom poms?  Thumbs up?


I was so excited with the savings on the wall art and the lamp and shade, I felt I could splash out and purchase this quirky Asian style wooden drum which I'll place beside the bed as a bedside table.

This week I have to finalise the bathroom, tiles, fittings and of course a wall colour.  Good luck me!


4 comments:

  1. The quilt cover is gorgeous i love the bright colours, so happy, the lamp is gorgeous on that table, I love pom poms.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of it!! The quilt cover is amazing and good job with the prints. Your lamp is so fun! Well done!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love all the colour. And yes yes yes to the pom poms too. I've just trimed clauds bedroom curtains with a red pom pom trim like that and i love the jollyness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge thumbs up from moi - love the vibrant colors and so impressed with your DIY prowess :))
    The lampshade fabric is so gorgeously retro...can't wait to see a shot of the entire room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...